Over 100 volunteers
Over 10 schools
Over 4000 children
100s of creative ideas
We will run a series of STEM-based co-design workshops with your students, typically aged 7-11, where they will design their play areas. We will then develop their designs so that they can be sustainably built.
For early years play areas, we work with the teachers and children to understand their play needs and propose play area designs.
We take care to provide you with the best resources for the programme to run. We will train your teachers or provide business role models to facilitate the workshops.
Schools either fund the play area or we work with a local business to sponsor all or some of the play area.
Children are empowered to design their own play space through participating in STEM-based co-design workshops. The children learn about sustainable use of resources, engineering, and design principles
- Knowledge about the transferability of science skills
- Knowing people in science-related jobs
- Talking to others about science in everyday life & encouragement
- Scientific literacy
- Science-related attitudes, values and dispositions
- Participation in out of school science learning contexts
- Science media consumption